Mac N Cheese. BBQ Chicken, two kinds of cheese. Real homemade comfort food. What more could you want? Bacon? It’s got it! I am All about fast, cheap, and comfort. Real food for real families. One dish that everyone will enjoy, kids and adults alike. Serve your family adult food the kid in you will love! #bacon #comfortfood #macncheese
Want more Mac n Cheese ideas for adults and kids? See my Chili Mac n Cheese Hot Dog Casserole, BBQ Chicken and Smoke Gouda Mac n Cheese, Shrimp and Crap Mac n Cheese and Chicken and Bacon Mac and Cheese in a Sourdough Bread Bowl.
BBQ Chicken and Smoked Gouda Mac N' Cheese with Bacon
FOR THE PASTA:
- 16 oz box dried pasta shells or cavatappi hug the cheese best
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs flour
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesann cheese
FOR THE CHICKEN LAYER:
- 2 cooked chicken breasts; shredded
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 6 slices crispy cooked bacon
- 4 oz cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
- 4 oz cheddar cheese shredded
- Prepare dried pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter and whisk in flour until a paste forms. Whisk in half and half and bring up to a boil. Once boiling reduce heat to low and whisk in Gouda, 1 cup of cheddar and 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheeses. Once everything has melted and is smooth remove from heat and toss with pasta. Mix in cheddar cubes. Pour into a large casserole dish.
- In a mix bowl toss chicken with BBQ sauce. Spread over the top of the macaroni and cheese. Top with remaining shredded cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minute or until the sides are bubbly.