Banana Streusel Mini Muffins ~How often do you realize you haven’t made something in the oven lately? I came home today and noticed my ‘home’ was smelling more like disinfectant and pine sol rather than a warm welcoming aroma of something warm from the oven! Let me tell you that is a huge unforgivable omission in my book! I put away the groceries and grabbed my apron and started to think what I wanted to make that I hadn’t in a while. These Banana Streusel Mini Muffins were just the thing! An easy one bowl special treat that a knife full of soft whipped butter melting in was just the thing I needed. With that fresh home baked smell wafting from the kitchen, it didn’t take long to have someone to share my tea with! I hope I just enticed you into your kitchen! Come back soon when supper is ready!
Banana Streusel Mini Muffins
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup finely chopped bananas
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. oil
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat egg in small bowl; stir in milk, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 3 Tbsp. oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Stir in banana. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pan or muffin pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Mix 1 Tbsp. brown sugar and cinnamon. Drizzle with 1 tsp. oil; stir until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.