Banana Streusel Mini Muffins ~How often do you realize you haven’t made something in the oven lately? I came home today and noticed my ‘home’ was smelling more like disinfectant and pine sol rather than a warm welcoming aroma of something warm from the oven! Let me tell you that is a huge unforgivable omission in my book! I put away the groceries and grabbed my apron and started to think what I wanted to make that I hadn’t in a while. These Banana Streusel Mini Muffins were just the thing! An easy one bowl special treat that a knife full of soft whipped butter melting in was just the thing I needed. With that fresh home baked smell wafting from the kitchen, it didn’t take long to have someone to share my tea with! I hope I just enticed you into your kitchen! Come back soon when supper is ready!
Serving size: 1
- 1-1/4 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup fat-free milk
- ⅓ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp. oil
- 1 cup finely chopped bananas
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. oil
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Beat egg in small bowl; stir in milk, ⅓ cup brown sugar and 3 Tbsp. oil. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. (Batter will be lumpy.) Stir in banana. Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin pan or muffin pan which has been sprayed with cooking spray, filling each cup ⅔ full.
- Mix 1 Tbsp. brown sugar and cinnamon. Drizzle with 1 tsp. oil; stir until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over muffins.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Use an ice cream scoop with a release mechanism to quickly and neatly fill muffin cups with batter.
Make time for breakfast with this easy muffin that can help you eat right!
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.