Thanks to Best Yummy for this mouthwatering dessert!I know when I make it, my picture will not do it justice! Please click on the above link for the full recipe.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 medium rip bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and bananas; mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients.
- Spread half the batter into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle half of the mixture over the batter in pan.
- Top with half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat layers. Bake in preheated 350F oven.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
Reduce the fat content by replacing half of the butter with unsweetened applesauce. You can also try using buttermilk instead of sour cream. The cake will still look and taste great.
Photo by Thinkerete on Flickr
Recipe post by Best Yummy