Banana Chocolate Chip Cake~ The original recipe is loaded with butter and sugar. To maintain the great taste I used the original portion of butter was kept the amount sugar was greatly reduced. Also some of the all-purpose flour was replaced with whole wheat. The sour cream and addition of chocolate chips made this bread lighter but retained some of the sweetness. Using a bundt pan in place of the rectangular pan made it easier to eat as well as moist. Your family will love this version of a more traditional cake.Banana Chocolate Chip Cake is a healthier version of the traditional family favorite!Click To Tweet
Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
The original recipe is loaded with butter and sugar. To maintain the great taste the original portion of butter but was kept the sugar was greatly reduced. Also some of the all-purpose flour was replaced with whole wheat.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 medium rip bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and bananas; mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients.
- Spread half the batter into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle half of the mixture over the batter in pan.
- Top with half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat layers. Bake in preheated 350F oven.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
Additional tips:Reduce the fat content by replacing half of the butter with unsweetened applesauce. You can also try using buttermilk instead of sour cream. The cake will still look and taste great.