Banana Chocolate Chip Cake~ The original recipe is loaded with butter and sugar. To maintain the great taste I used the original portion of butter was kept the amount sugar was greatly reduced. Also some of the all-purpose flour was replaced with whole wheat. The sour cream and addition of chocolate chips made this bread lighter but retained some of the sweetness. Using a bundt pan in place of the rectangular pan made it easier to eat as well as moist. Your family will love this version of a more traditional cake.
Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 medium rip bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and bananas; mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients.
- Spread half the batter into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle half of the mixture over the batter in pan.
- Top with half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat layers. Bake in preheated 350F oven.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Reduce the fat content by replacing half of the butter with unsweetened applesauce.
- You can also try using buttermilk instead of sour cream. The cake will still look and taste great.