This Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake was a hit with my family. A tasty banana and chocolate cake you can hold in your hand. I witnessed them pass through the kitcehn in one swift move as they grabbed a slice and went on their way. I always found a bundt cake to be the perfect choice to keep the leftovers fresh and moist. But I must confess in my family the leftovers never last past dinner. The original recipe is loaded with butter and sugar. To maintain the great taste I kept the original portion of butter but the sugar was greatly reduced. Also some of the all-purpose flour was replaced with whole wheat. Adapted from Best Yummy. The chocolate chips were a tiny bit sweet (did I really say that?) so you may want to cut down the portion a bit.
Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 bananas Medium, ripe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and bananas; mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients.
- Spread half the batter into a bundt pan.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle half of the mixture over the batter in pan.
- Top with half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat layers. Bake in preheated 350F oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.