This Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake was a hit with my family. A tasty banana and chocolate cake you can hold in your hand. I witnessed them pass through the kitcehn in one swift move as they grabbed a slice and went on their way. I always found a bundt cake to be the perfect choice to to keep the leftovers fresh and moist. But I must confess in my family the leftovers never last past dinner. The original recipe is loaded with butter and sugar. To maintain the great taste the original portion of butter was kept the sugar was greatly reduced. Also some of the all-purpose flour was replaced with whole wheat. Adapted from Best Yummy. The chocolate chips were a tiny bit sweet (did I really say that?) so you may want to cut down the portion a bit.Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt cake a tasty banana and chocolate cake you can hold in your hand. Click To Tweet
Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake~ The original recipe is loaded with butter and sugar. To maintain the great taste the original portion of butter was kept the sugar was greatly reduced. Also some of the all-purpose flour was replaced with whole wheat. Adapted from Best Yummy.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and bananas; mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients.
- Spread half the batter into a bundt pan.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle half of the mixture over the batter in pan.
- Top with half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat layers. Bake in preheated 350F oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
Additional tips:Reduce the fat content by replacing half of the butter with unsweetened applesauce. You can also try using buttermilk instead of sour cream. The cake will still look and taste great.© MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.