This Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake was a hit with my family. A tasty banana and chocolate cake you can hold in your hand. I witnessed them pass through the kitcehn in one swift move as they grabbed a slice and went on their way. I always found a bundt cake to be the perfect choice to keep the leftovers fresh and moist. But I must confess in my family the leftovers never last past dinner. The original recipe is loaded with butter and sugar. To maintain the great taste I kept the original portion of butter but the sugar was greatly reduced. Also some of the all-purpose flour was replaced with whole wheat. Adapted from Best Yummy. The chocolate chips were a tiny bit sweet (did I really say that?) so you may want to cut down the portion a bit.
Banana Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 bananas Medium, ripe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Add vanilla and bananas; mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream, ending with dry ingredients.
- Spread half the batter into a bundt pan.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle half of the mixture over the batter in pan.
- Top with half of the chocolate chips.
- Repeat layers. Bake in preheated 350F oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes.