I have had over ripe bananas in my kitchen on two separate occasions in the last few weeks. Every time I get set to find my Auntie Anne’s recipe, I come back and their are gone! Well, this time I hid those bananas, (in my Christmas present hiding place) and went in search of that recipe. Well, I just couldn’t find it. I know it is here somewhere so I searched the web for a similar one. Smells good so far! And special thanks to Simply Recipes. Go check out her other recipes. She has some good ones over there. I can’t wait to try out some others.
Yield 12 Slices
The best recipes come tried and true from friends who begged them from other friends and so on and so on. That’s the wonderful thing about sharing recipes – the more good recipes we share, the better we all get to eat!
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar (can easily reduce to 3/4 cup)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 2 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 90 mg
Total Carbohydrates 12 g
Protein 1 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.