I have had over ripe bananas in my kitchen on two separate occasions in the last few weeks. Every time I get set to find my Auntie Anne’s recipe, I come back and the bananas are gone! Well, this time I hid those bananas, (in my Christmas present hiding place) and went in search of that recipe. Well, I just couldn’t find it. I know it is here somewhere so I searched the web for a similar one. Smells good so far! I can’t wait to try out some others.
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas smashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar can easily reduce to 3/4 cup
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- No need for a mixer for this recipe. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.