Anyone that has followed my blog knows how much I love a good breakfast. Nutrtionists say a good breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It jumpstarts your metabolism and fuels your body with the necessary energy to get your brain ready for learning and your muscles for getting through a rough day. Well, even though this french toast is just a
tiny bit, ok, a medium Bit, OK a lot decadent, they will still give you a jumpstart. And if you are like me, a nap shortly after. Enjoy! (That nap!)
Here is a suggestion for Mothers Day Brunch Recipes
Baked Turtle French Toast
- 1 batch of caramel sauce
- 1 batch of chocolate sauce
- 1 loaf of your favorite bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 2 T. sugar
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 t. vanilla
- cinnamon sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup pecan chips
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- whip cream
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Make your sauces and set aside.
- Whisk together your eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Set aside.
- Pour enough caramel sauce into the bottom of a 10x16 inch shallow baking dish.
- Put a layer of bread slices on top of the caramel sauce. Pour half the milk and egg mixture over the bread.
- Put another layer of bread on top of the first layer. Pour the rest of the egg-milk mixture over that. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top.
- At this point you can put the French toast in the fridge (assuming that you're doing this the night before) or you can pop the dish in a 350 degree oven. Bake until the eggs and milk are no longer runny and have set up.
- After you take the French toast out of the oven, dust with powdered sugar and drizzle the chocolate sauce over the entire baking dish. Top with strawberries, mini chocolate chips, whipped cream and pecans.
- Serve this Turtle French toast warm.