I have been on a teriyaki kick lately and it is killing my sugar. But grilled and baked chicken are two of my go to meals and this recipe is so good that I just had to put it on the blog. I added a nice cheesy hash brown side to this and also a great strawberry and pineapple spinach salad. I could eat this every night, but my common sense holds me back. I really hope you give this meal a try! I will be putting up the Cheesy Hash Brown Bake tomorrow so stay tuned and come back for more!
Baked Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.