Baked Smores Donuts ~Baked, not fried! You can be nibbling on homemade warm donuts in under an hour with this recipe. Combine Cocoa Pebbles, chocolate chips, graham crackers and marshmallows. Does that combination sound a bit familiar? The memory of a past campfire will come alive in your home home while treating yourself and family to these Smores Donuts. The smell of fresh baked goodness will drift from the kitchen getting everyones attention. With easy preparation and quick cleanup no excuses will fly to not try this taste sensation.
For more indoor Smores goodness see Ways To Make Smores Indoors.
For more donut recipes see Donuts Galore!
Baked Smores Donuts
Baked Smores Donuts ~Baked, not fried! You can be nibbling on homemade warm donuts in under an hour with this recipe.
- 1 - 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup ground Cocoa Pebbles Cereal (grind, then measure)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon hot water (optional)
- 1/3 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Pebbles Cereal
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallow bits
- For the donuts:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray donuts pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 35 min., stirring after 15 min. Cool completely.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, cocoa powder, sugar, ground Cocoa Pebbles, baking powder, and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs, butter and vanilla extract. Beat until just combined. Spoon donuts batter in a gallon-size plastic zip top bag. Cut off a 1/2 inch piece from one corner. Pipe into each doughnut cup.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until the top of the donuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing.
- For the glaze:
- In medium bowl, melt chocolate chips, butter, and corn syrup on 50% power for 1 minute, stirring frequently until completely melted. If the glaze is too thick, stir in 1 teaspoon of hot water, stirring until the glaze is smooth. Use immediately to glaze donuts.
- For the topping:
- In a small bowl, combine the graham crackers, Cocoa Pebbles and Marshmallow bits. Sprinkle on top of glazed donuts and serve immediately. Makes 12 donuts.
*Don't have a donut pan? Roll dough into balls and make donut holes that are easy to pop into your mouth.
*Use a large muffin pan and fill the well 1/2 full and make a solid donut.
*Cooking times may vary slightly when using these tips.
*Also makes great muffins!
Recipe and Image Source: Post Foods
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 24 g
Saturated Fat 11 g
Sodium 400 mg
Total Carbohydrates 481 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 25 g
Protein 4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.