Mmmmmm! Doesn’t this look good? My husband made this for dinner last night. Baked scallops with some butter and parsley flakes. It only took 5 mins to prepare and 20 mins to bake. He also made acorn squash with a hint of brown sugar and butter, so soft and yummy. While the oven was hot he baked fresh sweet potatoes too! Such a great and healthy meal. Did I ever tell you who the real cook is in our family? I am the baker!
For more Meatless Meal ideas see Meatless Friday Meals During Lent
Baked Sea Scallops
- 2 lbs fresh sea scallops
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried leaf basil crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash sea scallops in cold water; put on paper towels and pat with paper towels to dry thoroughly.
- Place sea scallops in a large, lightly buttered baking dish in a single layer; dot with butter
- Sprinkle sea scallops with parsley, dried basil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes; stir to coat with butter and herbs and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with butter and herb sauce from baking dish and hot cooked rice or small pasta.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.