Mmmmmm! Doesn’t this look good? My husband made this for dinner last night. Baked scallops with some butter and parsley flakes. It only took 5 mins to prepare and 20 mins to bake. He also made acorn squash with a hint of brown sugar and butter, so soft and yummy. While the oven was hot he baked fresh sweet potatoes too! Such a great and healthy meal. Did I ever tell you who the real cook is in our family? I am the baker!
For more Meatless Meal ideas see Meatless Friday Meals During Lent
Baked Sea Scallops
- 2 lbs fresh sea scallops
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried leaf basil crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Wash sea scallops in cold water; put on paper towels and pat with paper towels to dry thoroughly.
- Place sea scallops in a large, lightly buttered baking dish in a single layer; dot with butter
- Sprinkle sea scallops with parsley, dried basil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake at 350° for 5 minutes; stir to coat with butter and herbs and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve with butter and herb sauce from baking dish and hot cooked rice or small pasta.