I was first introduced to this recipe about ten years ago. I was intimidated by the complexity, but my friend that gave me this recipe assured me I could pull this off. I figured I didn’t have anything to lose, and it had to taste good. If all else failed I would still have the Bailey’s. So I gave it a try and it was heaven! My very first cheesecake! Little did I know what it would lead to.
Click the link for my signature Hot Fudge Sauce
Bailey's Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
I was first introduced to this recipe about ten years ago. I was intimidated by the complexity, but my friend that gave me this recipe assured me I could pull this off. I figured I didn't have anything to lose, and it had to taste good. If all else failed I would still have the Bailey's. So I gave it a try and it was heaven! My very first cheesecake! Little did I know what it would lead to.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbs butter
- 1/4 tsp non-flavored gelatin
- 4 1/2 bricks room temp cream cheese
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 lg eggs, room temp
- 1 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet Choc chips
- Coffee Cream:
- 1/2 pint chilled whipping cream
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- For Crust:
- Preheat oven to 325. Coat 9 inch spring form pan with nonstick vegetable
- Oil spray. Wrap outside of pan with a double of aluminum foil. In a bowl
- combine crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of pan. Bake until light brown, about 7 minutes. Maintain oven temp at
- F. Sprinkle Choc chips over crust or put in batter
- For Filling:
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smoothe. Gradually mix in sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in Baileys and vanilla. Spoon filling into
- Prepared crust. Bake until puffed and springy in center and golden brown, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Cool completely before removing springform.
- For best results bake the cheesecake in a Bain Marie ( a water bath).
- Place the wrapped springform in a roasting pan. Fill the pan with hot water
- until the level reaches 3/4 of the way up the side of the springform pan. This will
- keep the cheesecake moist and will help prevent the cake from falling in
- the center.
- For Cream:
- Beat cream, sugar, and coffee powder until peaks form. Spread mixture over cooled cake. Garnish cheesecake with chocolate curls.
Bon Appetit!© MARILYN'S TREATS. All images & content are copyright protected. Please feel free to use my images and recipe for your own use. To republish this recipe, all I ask is to link back to this post.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 27 g
Saturated Fat 16 g
Unsaturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 100 mg
Sodium 200 mg
Total Carbohydrates 35 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 27 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.