Want to have your cake and eat it too? This Baileys Cake with Espresso Cream Topping is just the cake you are looking for. Made with cream cheese and baileys the cake cant help but satisfy. The espresso topping made with heavy cream is a combination any cake lover will love. And don’t forget the chocolate chips hidden inside.
I was first introduced to this recipe about ten years ago. I was intimidated by the complexity, but my friend that gave me this recipe assured me I could pull this off. I figured I didn’t have anything to lose, and it had to taste good. If all else failed I would still have the Bailey’s. So I gave it a try and it was heaven! My very first cheesecake! Little did I know what it would lead to.
Click the link for my signature Hot Fudge Sauce
My Tip Friday, 6 Tips To A Perfect Cheesecake Experience will guide you to that perfect cheesecake outcome!
Bailey's Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbs butter
- 1/4 tsp non-flavored gelatin
- 4 1/2 bricks room temp cream cheese
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 lg eggs room temp
- 1 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet Choc chips
- 1/2 pint chilled whipping cream
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
- Preheat oven to 325. Coat 9 inch spring form pan with nonstick vegetable
- Oil spray. Wrap outside of pan with a double of aluminum foil. In a bowl
- combine crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of pan. Bake until light brown, about 7 minutes. Maintain oven temp at 325 F
- Sprinkle Choc chips over crust or put in batter
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smoothe. Gradually mix in sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in Baileys and vanilla. Spoon filling into
- Prepared crust. Bake until puffed and springy in center and golden brown, about 1 hour 20 minutes. Cool completely before removing springform.
- For best results bake the cheesecake in a Bain Marie ( a water bath).
- Place the wrapped springform in a roasting pan. Fill the pan with hot water
- until the level reaches 3/4 of the way up the side of the springform pan. This will
- keep the cheesecake moist and will help prevent the cake from falling in
- the center.
- Beat cream, sugar, and coffee powder until peaks form. Spread mixture over cooled cake. Garnish cheesecake with chocolate curls.