How was your weekend? We had 16.7″ of snow. It was the third biggest on record in our city. It was enough to close everything around here and put a damper on many SuperBowl Parties. We went ahead and threw caution to the wind and drove our 45 minute trek to the family party anyway. Wise Hubby threw a shovel, a second set of gloves, boots, hats, scarves, coats and clothes in the car. I took a case of water, all the appetizers, snacks, and beer. We weren’t going to go unprepared for a single scenario! Here in Michigan they were prepared to keep the roads moving. Our trip coming and going was uneventful and smooth. We were met with a Seafood Spread of grilled salmon, two kinds of scewered grilled shrimp, and these great scallops marinated three ways. We are going to be eating SuperBowl food for a week! It pays to be prepared! (This was originally published in February 2015)
For Father’s Day ideas see Dad’s Day Delights
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
- 3/4 pound bacon
- 1 pound sea scallops rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut bacon slices in half crosswise. Roll a piece of bacon around each scallop and secure with wooden toothpick; place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until scallops are cooked through and bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar over medium heat; mix well and cook 5 to 7 minutes, until sugar is dissolved.
- Dip bacon-wrapped scallops in sauce and serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.