How was your weekend? We had 16.7″ of snow. It was the third biggest on record in our city. It was enough to close everything around here and put a damper on many SuperBowl Parties. We went ahead and threw caution to the wind and drove our 45 minute trek to the family party anyway. Wise Hubby threw a shovel, a second set of gloves, boots, hats, scarves, coats and clothes in the car. I took a case of water, all the appetizers, snacks, and beer. We weren’t going to go unprepared for a single scenario! Here in Michigan they were prepared to keep the roads moving. Our trip coming and going was uneventful and smooth. We were met with a Seafood Spread of grilled salmon, two kinds of scewered grilled shrimp, and these great scallops marinated three ways. We are going to be eating SuperBowl food for a week! It pays to be prepared! (This was originally published in February 2015)
For Father’s Day ideas see Dad’s Day Delights
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Bacon Wrapped Scallops are easy, tasty and a special fare to serve when entertaining guests.
- 3/4 pound bacon
- 1 pound sea scallops, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut bacon slices in half crosswise. Roll a piece of bacon around each scallop and secure with wooden toothpick; place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until scallops are cooked through and bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar over medium heat; mix well and cook 5 to 7 minutes, until sugar is dissolved.
- Dip bacon-wrapped scallops in sauce and serve with remaining sauce.
Serving Size 1 cup
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 25 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Unsaturated Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 86 mg
Sodium 946 mg
Total Carbohydrates 2 g
Protein 22 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.