Have you been invited to many baby showers lately? Have to bring a dish to pass as well as a gift for the mom-to-be? Everyone loves popcorn and for gourmet popcorn is very trendy right now. This pink and blue popcorn is just the thing. Keep an eye on the expectant mama to see if she is cornering the market on any one color!
Baby Shower Popcorn
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 C water + 1 tablespoon
- 12 C popcorn Popped
- 25 Drops liquid food coloring Blue
- 25 Drops liquid food coloring Pink
- Place sugar and water in small pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and keep stirring until it thickens (3-5 minutes)-I suggest setting a timer for 7 minutes once it begins to boil.
- Once thickened remove from heat, divide into two, and add food coloring. Stir well and immediately pour over popcorn.
- Since I was only making one batch I poured half of the hot syrup into a measuring cup to make pink and blue. I used 6 drops of each color and would use more coloring next time.
- Pour onto wax paper, parchment or silicone liners and allow to cool.
- I put the popcorn right onto a silicone lined baking sheet. The popcorn lies flat and it's easier to drizzle the syrup over more that way. Be sure to separate your popcorn for each color.
- You'll need to work quickly, but carefully as melted sugar is extremely hot. How well you get the corn coated is only limited by your patience to keep stirring it.
- I think seasoned candy makers will notice that the liquid food coloring does make the coating a little grainy, it just won't be smooth and glossy. Might not want to make this on a humid day without air conditioning-just sayin'...
- I put it in a slightly warm oven to dry and set-up.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.