Baby Back Ribs with Sweet-Savory Sauce ~Want the secret to tender and juicy ribs? These ribs are gently simmered then grilled, producing tender meat that falls from the bone. I actually made this recipe with country style ribs, and this was TO DIE for! Although I made it at first with the hot sauce that it stated to use (it didn’t even really turn out to be sauce)… the sweet-savory sauce is DELICIOUS! I put the sweet-savory sauce over top of the hot sauce recipe and it turned out phenomenal.
Baby Back Ribs with Sweet-Savory Sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons dry red wine or Progresso™ beef flavored broth from 32-oz carton
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 1/2 lb pork loin back ribs
- 3 cups water
To make sauce:
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat chili sauce, jelly, wine and mustard over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until jelly is melted.
- Heat coals or gas grill for indirect heat. Cut ribs into serving pieces. Place ribs in 4-quart Dutch oven; add water. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes; drain.
- Cover and grill pork over medium coals 15 to 20 minutes, brushing with sauce every 3 minutes, until pork is no longer pink and meat begins to pull away from bones.
- Heat any remaining sauce to boiling, stirring constantly; boil and stir 1 minute. Serve sauce with ribs.