Rhubarb Strawberry Pudding ~The combination of fresh rhubarb and strawberries make a naturally sweet dessert that will light up your families faces as they see what you made! This delicious taste treat is a great The combination of fresh rhubarb and strawberries make a naturally sweet dessert that will light up your families faces as they see what you made! dessert, especially if you have a small garden. Memories of my mom come flooding back as she and I picked the strawberries (or blueberries or raspberries) and then harvested the rhubarb from her many plants or bushes. She would sing as she mixed up the batter and always let me lick the beaters. What great memories to make with your kids as you let them help in the kitchen. If there were any leftovers she would put the fruit mixture in a pie for my dad. Its memories like these I want to pass down to my granddaughter.
Awesome Rhubarb Strawberry Pudding
Rhubarb Strawberry Pudding ~The combination of fresh rhubarb and strawberries make a naturally sweet dessert that will light up your families faces as they see what you made!
- 3 cups diced fresh rhubarb
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Mix rhubarb, strawberries, and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl; spread fruit mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar on top.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl. Beat 2/3 cup sugar and butter with an electric mixer set on medium speed in a large bowl until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes. Beat egg and almond extract into butter mixture until incorporated, about 3 minutes more. Pour in the flour mixture alternately with the sour cream, mixing until just incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter evenly over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 35.8 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.