It’s time for brunch again and this Avocado Breakfast Bake doesn’t disappoint! The herbs and spices in this dish blend perfectly to add a flavor that will tempt your tastebuds. The textures of the avocado, eggs and cheese are the icing on the cake that will lull your family into a sweet content with making them overly full. Light and fast, this dish allows you all to eat at the sane time creating an opportunity for conversation. The best part? You can prepare your brunch the night before. Just take it out of the fridge and bake for 25-30 minutes! Delish! #avocado #brunch #eggIt's time for brunch again and this Avocado Breakfast Bake doesn't disappoint! #avocadoClick To Tweet
Avocado Breakfast Bake
It's time for brunch again and this Avocado Breakfast Bake doesn't disappoint! #avocado #brunch #egg
- 1 lb bulk chorizo sausage
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (8 oz)
- 3/4 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Sliced fresh avocado, chopped fresh tomato, salsa, hot sauce, lime wedges, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 10-inch cast-iron skillet, cook chorizo, onion and garlic over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chorizo is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the black beans; stir remaining black beans into chorizo mixture in skillet along with 1 cup of the cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until blended. Pour over mixture in skillet. Top with reserved black beans and remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Top with chopped cilantro. Serve with remaining ingredients.
- Make-Ahead Directions:
- Make as directed through step 3. Cover and refrigerate up to 12 hours. Uncover, and bake as directed in step 4.
For extra spice, add a seeded chopped jalapeño chile when cooking the onion and chorizo.©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 47 g
Sodium 1590 mg
Total Carbohydrates 30 g
Dietary Fiber 6 g
Sugars 7 g
Protein 38 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.