This recipe has been passed down for four generations in my family. I have made it for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter since my mom passed.
I always am requested to make this dish for every family get together.
I always have made this as a trifle until this year when my dish was being used already. I put it in a 9×11 glass dish and it was better than ever. It was much easier to dish out and every portion got each layer.
The left over didn’t separate and the bananas didn’t turn brown. We make this as a side dish but it can also be used as a dessert. Another dish with that WOW factor.
You can substitute sugar free ingredients, too. Aunt Sallys Lemon Jello is full of Marshmallows, pineapple, soda, and bananas make this jello the best addition to any holiday table.
Aunt Sally’s 7 Up Lemon Jello
- 6 ounces Lemon Jello
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 2 cups 7up or Sprite
- 20 ounce Can Crushed Pineapple Drained Juice Reserved
- 3 whole Banana’s Sliced
- 1 cup Mini Marshmallows
Pineapple Pudding Mousse:
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 whole Egg Beaten
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 nine oz cool whip
- Chopped Nuts and Maraschino Cherries Optional
- Combine lemon Jello and boiling water. Stir until jello is dissolved. Add 7 up and stir until combined. Allow to partially set, about 45 minutes.
- Add bananas to jello mixture. Stir in crushed pineapple setting the juices aside.
- Top with mini marshmallows. Let set in refrigerator and get firm. I let it sit an hour or two.
- While cooling, prepare the topping.
For Pineapple Pudding Mousse:
- Combine flour and sugar in a medium sized pan and stir in egg. Slowly pour in pineapple juice while stirring until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring constantly. Allow to thicken. Remove from heat.
- Add butter and stir until the butter is melted.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes or until room temperature. Refrigerate.
- Fold cool whip into the cooled pudding mixture.
- Pour Pineapple Pudding Mousse mixture over the top of lemon jello. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and cherries if using and serve.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.