I don’t know about you but I love Sunday Brunch. When I can make a dish that is easy and ready for the entire family at the same time I call that a bonus! I hate having the kids leave the table before I can sit down. And cold food is the pits. Honestly! The perfect answer is a breakfast bake. But the kids are begging for pancakes or french toast! Enter the Apple Streusel French Toast Bake. Not just french toast, but the KING of french toast. Brown sugar, cinnamon, and rolls piled high and ready when you are. For more apple recipes see An Apple A day.
Here are more Mothers Day Brunch Recipes
Apple Streusel French Toast Bake
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans flaky cinnamon rolls
- 1 can apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-sticking cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and chopped pecans. Mix together until mixture becomes crumbly. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract.
- Open canned cinnamon rolls, slice each cinnamon roll into eighths. Place cinnamon roll pieces into prepared baking dish. Pour egg mixture over top of cinnamon roll pieces. Make sure that each piece is generously coated in egg mixture.
- Evenly spread apple pie filling over top of cinnamon roll pieces.
- Sprinkle streusel topping over apple pie filling.
- Bake uncovered for 45-60 minutes or until top becomes lightly brown. Drizzle cinnamon roll icing over top of french toast bake and enjoy!
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.