To boost flavor and nutritional value, use a mixture of greens for this salad, such as endive, radicchio, arugula and even kale. For more apple recipes see An Apple A day.
Apple Lettuce Salad
Apple Lettuce Salad ~Try this apple salad. To boost flavor and nutritional value, use a mixture of greens for this salad, such as endive, radicchio, arugula and even kale.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- Mix the apple juice, lemon juice, oil, brown sugar, mustard and apple pie spice in a large salad bowl. Add the apple and toss to coat. Add the salad greens and toss to mix just before serving.
Recipe Image Source: Mayo Clinic
Serving Size 2 cups salad 1/4 apple
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.