Apple Crumb Pie ~Brown sugar and oatmeal crumbles sit majestically atop perfectly plump and tender apples. Juicy and warm, this pie goes perfectly with the french vanilla ice cream. Delicious enough for a bake sale, welcoming a new neighbor, or taking to a family reunion. A nice cold glass of milk pairs perfectly with the warm and sweet apples. You will love sering this crumb topped pie.
Apple Crumb Pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Oatmeal Crumble Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix sliced apples with nutmeg, ginger, cinnnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with your apples, mounded slightly. Pour sauce over apples.
- Bake for 30 mins at 400°F Now for the crumble topping.
- Add flour, sugar, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in the container of a food processor; pulse several times to mix. Scatter the butter over the top; pulse repeatedly until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Empty the crumbs into a large bowl and rub them together between your fingers until you have large, buttery crumbs.
- Remove pie from oven and lower temperature to 375°. Carefully pour the crumble mixture in the center of the pie, spreading them over the surface evenly. Bake for another 30-40 mins you may have to cover with aluminum foil the final 15 mins to prevent your topping from burning. So keep a close eye on your pie.