Apple Crumb Pie ~Brown sugar and oatmeal crumbles sit majestically atop perfectly plump and tender apples. Juicy and warm, this pie goes perfectly with the french vanilla ice cream. Delicious enough for a bake sale, welcoming a new neighbor, or taking to a family reunion. A nice cold glass of milk pairs perfectly with the warm and sweet apples. You will love sering this crumb topped pie.
Apple Crumb Pie
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Oatmeal Crumble Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add white sugar, brown sugar and water; bring to a boil. Reduce temperature, and simmer 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix sliced apples with nutmeg, ginger, cinnnamon, and vanilla extract.
- Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with your apples, mounded slightly. Pour sauce over apples.
- Bake for 30 mins at 400°F Now for the crumble topping.
- Add flour, sugar, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in the container of a food processor; pulse several times to mix. Scatter the butter over the top; pulse repeatedly until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Empty the crumbs into a large bowl and rub them together between your fingers until you have large, buttery crumbs.
- Remove pie from oven and lower temperature to 375°. Carefully pour the crumble mixture in the center of the pie, spreading them over the surface evenly. Bake for another 30-40 mins you may have to cover with aluminum foil the final 15 mins to prevent your topping from burning. So keep a close eye on your pie.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.
Disclaimer Unless indicated recipes influenced by cookbooks, magazines or family traditions.