Apple Corn Muffins ~ Made from healthy ingredients, the muffins will make your kitchen smell like an autumn day. Cornmeal, apples and corn kernels combined with brown sugar are sweet, moist, yummy and a good way to get your kids to eat healthy. Of the many varieties available, Baldwin, Braeburn, Cortland, Fuji and Gala are among the best apples to use in baked goods. When buying apples, select those that are firm and even-colored and don’t have bruises, holes or soft spots.
Apple Corn Muffins
Made from healthy ingredients, the muffins will make your kitchen smell like an autumn day.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1 apple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir to blend evenly.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk and egg whites. Add chopped apple and corn kernels. Whisk to mix evenly and pour over the flour mixture. Stir gently until the dry ingredients are slightly moist. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full and bake about 30 minutes. Tops of muffins should spring back to the touch when they're baked.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1 g
Sodium 127 mg
Total Carbohydrates 26 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.