I get so excited finding my favorite recipes in a healthy style, don’t you? Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins are the best. And adding in the applesauce is an addition I normally make to my otherwise “old” recipe. These are so easy to make and I just love the way the house smells of cinnamon as they bake. The original recipe made 12 muffins, but I doubled it to make more because my family is a bit larger. The fact that my health conscious members will eat these and love them adds a feeling of validation to my attempts to turn my eating habits around. Baby steps, baby steps! For more apple recipes see An Apple A day.
Apple Cinnamon Muffins
I get so excited finding my favorite recipes in a healthy style, don't you? Healthy Apple Cinnamon Muffins are the best.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups granular no-calorie sucralose sweetener, e.g., Splenda ®
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 apples - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 cup granular no-calorie sucralose sweetener, e.g., Splenda ®
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Spray a 24 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 cup sweetener, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix 2/3 cup applesauce, 2 eggs, and 2/3 cup milk. Stir the applesauce mixture into the flour mixture until just blended. Fold in the apples. Spoon into the prepared muffin cups, filling about 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup sweetener, 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, 1/3 cup whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup applesauce, 1 cup cinnamon, and 2 cups oats. Spread evenly over the muffin batter.
- Bake 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 18 mg
Sodium 167 mg
Total Carbohydrates 26.9 g
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
Protein 4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.