Andes Mint Christmas Bark
What is your definition of cozy?
Mine is this treat of white and dark chocolate, peppermint and colored sugar.
All you need to do is let this bark harden in the fridge and you are good to go.
Add some hot cocoa, pj’s, a crackling fire and a good movie for that warm and cozy night with someone special!
This Andes Mint Bark is a holiday tradition that will make everyone smile.
Every time you see a chocolate mint you will be flooded with memories of holidays with family.
If you like chocolate and mint then you really need to try this bark.
The beauty of serving this is you can be messy. Just crack the bark in pieces.
You don’t need to have straight edges. Let it break where it wants.
This candy will not melt in your hands. You will finish it before it has a chance.
If you make it let me know in the comments.
Andes Mint Christmas Bark
- 1 10 oz bag Andes baking chips
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vegeatble oil
- 8 oz white bark coating I found it at Kroger in the baking aisle
- red or green m&ms sprinkles, mini marshmallows or anything you’d like to decorate with
- optional. Add coconut or nuts on topas it cools.
- Melt the Andes chips and chocolate chips together with 1 tsp vegetable oil using the method of your choice. Let it cool for a few minutes, until it is just about room temperature. I used the microwave. It took 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Spread over layer of wax paper as thick or thin as you’d like and let sit until completely hardened, about 10 minutes. You may place it in the refrigerator to speed up this process.
- Melt the white candy bark according to package directions. Again, it took 1 1/2 minutes in the microwave, strring every 30 seconds. Let it cool for a couple minutes before spreading. I waited 10 minutes.
- Spread over the hardened chocolate. Use a spatula to spread/smooth it out.
- Sprinkle m&ms, mini marshmallows or sprinkles and sprinkle over the top and let it harden.
- Break or cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare as directed, using one of the following flavor options:
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter
- Marble Bark: Omit pecans and stir 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter into the melted white chocolate before spooning onto prepared baking sheet as directed.
- Chocolate-Mint Marble Bark: add 5 to 7 drops green food coloring and 1 tsp. peppermint extract into the melted white chocolate before spooning onto prepared baking sheet as directed.
- Use 2 pkg. (4 oz. each) BAKER’S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate and 1 pkg. (4 oz.) BAKER’S Unsweetened Baking Chocolate.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.