This recipe for Amish Pasta Salad is so good. I can eat this salad for any meal and it is great to take to a function. Served with my famous broasted chicken and some warm bread you have a meal that is fit for a queen. This side dish can easily replace any potato choice. All you need is a veggie and some wine! Pasta, celery, eggs, spices and mayo make this pasta salad more delicious than you have ever eaten.
Amish Pasta Salad
- 1 16 ounce box medium shell pasta, uncooked
- 5 eggs hard-boiled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 1 2 ounce jar pimentos, drained
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- corn as desired
- 1 cucumber sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl mix pasta, eggs, onion, pimentos, celery, green pepper and relish. In another bowl mix garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, celery seed, mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, mustard, corn and cucumber and vinegar.
- Pour the mayonnaise mixture over the pasta and mix well.
- Can sprinkle with more paprika. Chill in refrigerator several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used.
Conversion Information We get a lot of requests to help with conversions especially between various countries like Canada, the U.K. and Australia. These tables should help you make those conversions. For your convenience we have included a Conversion Chart.