Hostess Ding Dongs came out in the 60s. Do you remember them? These little chocolate cakes were perfect to include in sack lunches for the kids. Now, you can make an adult-sized Ding Dong Cake. Layers of chocolate cake surround a layer of cream filling. It’s topped with a chocolate ganache just like the Hostess kind. If you want to make a fun chocolate cake reminiscent of your childhood, this recipe is the one for you. It looks so elegant yet it is a snap to make! Give your best for all occasions.
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) devil's food cake mix
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 12 OREO Cookies, coarsely crushed
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package.
- Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended.
- Gently stir in COOL WHIP and crushed cookies.
- PLACE 1 cake layer on plate, spread with cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand 10 min. or until firm. Keep refrigerated.