30 Minute Flaky Chicken Pot Pie ~Full of nutritious and warm goodness this meal can be ready to serve in under 30 Minutes. Celery, onion, garlic, chicken, milk, peas and broth nestle inside a light fluffy pastry making this a perfect dinner or lunch option when you want something ready in a hurry, yet providing a fully healthy and delicious entree for your entire family. Hungry hubby, and the kids will ask you to make this pot pie as much as mac and cheese or hot dogs. Substitute beef or turkey, or leave out the meat and add broccoli or green beans to change up your dinner!
Full of nutritious and warm goodness this meal can be ready to serve in under 30 Minutes.
- 1 17.3 ounce package 2 sheets frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 pounds skinless boneless chicken thighs or breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion 1 large
- 1 cup chopped celery 2 stalks
- 1 cup chopped carrots 2 medium
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half light cream, or whole milk
- 3 cups regular or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup frozen baby or regular peas
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet to a 10-inch square; cut each into four 5-inch squares. Set aside.
Lightly coat a Dutch oven with cooking spray; heat Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until light brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in onion, celery, carrots, and garlic. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir flour into chicken mixture; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Gradually stir in half-and-half until combined. Add broth, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Stir in frozen peas. Remove from heat. Remove and discard bay leaf.
Spoon hot chicken mixture into eight 10-ounce individual ramekins or baking dishes. Top with pastry squares. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until pastry is golden.
Recipe Source: BHG
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.