VeryBerry Pancakes ~These pancakes are so light and yummy and I just love you can add fresh fruit of any kind. Here is a mixture of blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries. These berries are very healthy and go so well together. Add whipped cream or syrup if you have a sweet tooth, but the berries alone make this dish sweet enough.
- 1 cup each raspberries, blueberries, sliced strawberries, and blackberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus 4 teaspoons for the dishes
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Gently combine the berries and sugar in a small bowl and set aside while you make the pancakes. Place 4 (6- to 7-inch) individual gratin dishes on two sheet pans. Place 1 teaspoon of butter in each gratin dish and set aside.
- Place the eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beat on medium speed until mixed. Add the milk and combine. Slowly add the flour, vanilla, orange zest, 2 tablespoons melted butter, and the salt and mix just until smooth. Whisk by hand if the mixture is lumpy.
- Place the gratin dishes in the oven for 3 minutes, until the butter is hot and bubbly. Make sure the butter covers the bottom of each dish. Immediately divide the batter equally among the gratin dishes and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until puffed and lightly browned. Divide the berries among the dishes, drizzle with maple syrup, dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve hot.
Food Source: The Village Grill