Tuna Noodle Casserole ~This healthy, easy and quick to make casserole will warm your toes and fill your belly on a cold and chilly day. With the addition of cheese and tuna to the noodles the kids will eat it without a lot of hesitation. A great budget saving dinner for woking moms and students alike.
- 1 (16 ounces) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (12 ounces) can water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 (10-3/4 ounces) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8-1/2 ounces) can peas, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again. Place in large bowl and add tuna, mushroom soup, peas, 1-1/2 cups Swiss cheese, cream, and pepper; mix well. Pour into 9- x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining ½ cup Swiss cheese over top.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.