Baby Shower Unscramble Games from Sight and Sound Reading
Pumpkin Spice Baby Shower Mints from Mama Plus One
Easy Dinosaur Cookies from Cake Whiz
Gender Reveal Cookies from Taste of Lizzy T
Baby Shower Popcorn with from Marilyn’s Treats
Sugar Cookie Fruit Cups from Bitz and Giggles
Ultimate Oreo Layer Cake from The Crafting Foodie
Congratulations Katie! I made my Baby Shower Popcorn. You can munch on the blue and pass on tbe pink!
- 1 C sugar
- ¼ C + 1 Tblsp water
- 6 C popped popcorn-approx ⅓ C unpopped
- liquid food coloring
- Place sugar and water in small pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and keep stirring until it thickens (3-5 minutes)-I suggest setting a timer for 7 minutes once it begins to boil.
- Once thickened remove from heat and add food coloring. Stir well and immediately pour over popcorn.
- Carefully (it's very hot) stir to cover all of the popcorn.
- Pour onto wax paper, parchment or silicone liners and allow to cool.
I pop the popcorn right onto a silicone lined baking sheet. The popcorn lies flat and it's easier to drizzle the syrup over more that way.
Since I was only making one batch I poured half of the hot syrup into a measuring cup to make red and blue. I used 6 drops of each color and would use more coloring next time.
You'll need to work quickly, but carefully as melted sugar is extremely hot. How well you get the corn coated is only limited by your patience to keep stirring it:@)
I think seasoned candy makers will notice that the liquid food coloring does make the coating a little grainy, it just won't be smooth and glossy.
Might not want to make this on a humid day without air conditioning-just sayin'... I put it in a slightly warm oven to dry and set-up.