Sugar Cookies, Cream Cheese Icing and Sprinkles are a combination that is tasty any time of year. I love to decorate cookies, but I am a very messy creative. Drop cookies are my favorite. There is just something about rolling that dough and dropping the spoonful onto the baking sheet that makes me feel I am a part of the season. Then spreading the icing and adding the final touches warms my heart and makes me smile. I am always glad no one is watching and wondering what is going through my mind. Listening to the Holiday music makes me want to sing, but my family is very glad when I decide not to ruin the moment. A lifetime of memories have been made in that kitchen. Mostly good and some not so good but worth making wishes upon. Do you wish upon memories? My favorite wish is for the sugar fairy and Santa’s elves to come and do the dishes. What is yours?Make the memories and let Santa's elves come and do the dishes. #sugar #cookiesClick To Tweet
- 2 pouches Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (16 TBS)
- ½ can Betty Crocker Cream Cheese Frosting
- sprinkles or colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add cookie mix, eggs and butter. Beat on low about 2 minutes until well blended.
- Place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Using a 1 inch cookie baller roll cookies into ball.
- Place on lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until cookie rises. Do not over bake. Cookie may still look white but will continue to cook while cooling on baking pan.
- Remove cookie from pan after cool. Frost each cookie with icing. Pour sprinkles into cap of bottle and carefully shake over icing. Press slightly on top of cookie to seat the sprinkles.
- Allow icing to harden and serve.