Spiderweb Munch Cake ~A fun-to-decorate Spiderweb Munch is a crispy snack that is topped with a layer of chocolate and then decorated with a thin piping of peanut butter. A candy spider on top would complete the image for a creepy Halloween treat! Your kids will love to have this show up at their Halloween party this year. Why pay for store bought when you can serve a fresh homemade cake baked in your own oven. The aroma of the baking cake will fill their little noses and they will squeal in anticipation of when they can sink their teeth into this special delicacy of the Halloween season.
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups toasted rice cereal
- HEAT morsels and ¾ cup peanut butter in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth; remove from heat. Add sugar; stir vigorously until smooth.
- PLACE cereal in large bowl. Add 1 cup melted chocolate mixture; stir until evenly coated. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Using small metal spatula, shape into 10-inch circle with slightly raised 1-inch-wide border. Pour remaining chocolate mixture in center of circle; spread to border.
- FOR SPIDERWEB:
- PLACE remaining peanut butter in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to pipe concentric circles on top of chocolate. Using wooden pick or tip of sharp knife, pull tip through peanut butter from center to border. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Cut into wedges.