Salmon with White Wine Cream Sauce ~ salmon is such a heart healthy that you can’t go wrong preparing it when it is on sale. Baked with unsalted butter and flour this meal is very quick to prepare. With the addition of the white wine cream sauce, the salmon remains moist and flaky. Steamed asparagus and a baked potato round out the entire meal. Add a nice salad and you are ready to serve.
- 1 (1½-pound) salmon fillet, skin removed
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place the salmon fillet on a rimmed baking sheet, and season with salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in the flour, cooking for 1 minute, then stir in the wine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Break the salmon into large chunks, and serve topped with the sauce.
If you want to make a fine dining look, simply break the portions of salmon into 2-ounce portions. If you want to add a little zing to the sauce, add in fresh dill and/or capers to your taste.
Recipe Source: All Recipes
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.
Food Source: The Village Grill.