Reuben Sandwich ~Delicious corned beef, coleslaw, Russian dressing and grilled rye make a classic sandwich. Easy to make and warm are the two key concepts when craving a sandwich this time of year. Serve your family only the best and choose each ingredient that is totally up to your individual standards. Why settle for less than what you want when you can prepare it yourself? This recipe is a must have for your recipe box. Use this Russian Dressing!
Serving size: 1
- 6 tablespoons Thousand Island Dressing
- 12 slices rye bread
- 6 slices (1 oz each) Swiss cheese
- 1 can (16 oz) sauerkraut, drained
- ¾ lb thinly sliced cooked corned beef
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- Spread 1 tablespoon Zingerman's Russian Dressing over each of 6 slices bread. Top with cheese, sauerkraut and corned beef. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Spread 1 teaspoon butter over each top slice of bread. Place sandwiches, butter sides down, in skillet. Spread remaining butter over top slices of bread. Cook uncovered over low heat about 10 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook about 8 minutes longer or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese is melted.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.