Don't make breakfast. Make memories. Start it off with this gorgeous traditional french toast! Click To Tweet
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- salt to taste
- blueberres and strawberries to garnish
- whipped cream (optional)
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.