Red Velvet decorated blossom cookies are a festive choice for the holidays. The peppermint truffle kisses are a sweet surprise for the guests as they bite into this cookie. Adding your decoration of choice makes this cookie your very own creation. Letting the children decorate them with you creates a wonderful holiday memory and bonding time while teaching them how to be creative while spending quality bonding time with them. Go ahead and create a memory and enjoy the fruits of your labor!
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ red velvet cake mix
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 24 Nestles Mint Truffle Kisses
- red and green tube icing
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In large bowl, beat all ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until well combined (batter will be very thick). Using 1-inch cookie scoop, drop dough about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Add one kiss to the center of the cooling cookie. Press until dough hugs the kiss.
- Once cool, decorate the cookie with piping icing and sprinkles.