These Red Valentine Day Sugar Cookies were made in under 30 minutes and just 4 ingredients. Soft and chewy, they don’t fall apart when you eat them and they didn’t stick to my hands when I rolled them into a ball. The kids just love to help by plopping the balls one at a time into a plastic bag of sugar and singing shake, shake, shake, macaroni! Don’t ask me, but they loved it and couldn’t stop giggling. This was a great activity to teach the younger ones it can be fun to bake. They seemed to be right at my heels to taste test each batch, too!
- 2 pouches Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter (16 TBS)
- 6 TBS red colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment add cookie mix, eggs and butter. Beat on low about 2 minutes until well blended.
- Place in fridge for 2 hours.
- Using a 1 inch cookie baller roll cookies into ball. Shake each ball in bag of red sugar until covered.
- Place on lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes until cookie rises. Do not over bake. Cookie may still look white but will continue to cook while cooling on baking pan.
- Remove cookie from pan after cool.