Pot Roast Crock Pot ~Weight Watcher Hungry Girl To the Max Cookbook Rich and tender beef, SO many veggies… This is the way to do pot roast RIGHT. Second helpings are encouraged!
- 3-lb. raw boneless chuck beef roast (trimmed of excess fat)
- 1 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1 14-oz. can fat-free beef broth
- 4 cups carrots cut into ½-inch coins
- 3 cups roughly chopped onion
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup celery cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to high heat. Season roast with ¼ tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook and rotate until all sides are browned, about 5 minutes. Place in a crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except cornstarch to the crock pot, including the remaining ¾ tsp. each salt and black pepper. Gently stir.
- Cook on high for 3 - 4 hours or on low for 7 - 8 hours, until roast is cooked through.
- Turn off crock pot. In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 2 tbsp. cold water. Stir into the liquid in the crock pot. Let sit, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard thyme sprigs. Slice meat and serve topped with veggies and sauce!
1/12th of recipe (about 2½ oz. cooked meat with ⅔ cup broth and veggies): 206 calories, 7g fat, 447mg sodium, 11g carbs, 2g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 25.5g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*
Weight Watcher Hungry Girl To the Max Cookbook