Pineapple Cherry Fluff ~I love pineapple any time of the year. Mixed with about anything and it gives natural sweetness as well as texture. When cherries are in season here in Michigan in July, I love to combine the two and put it over angel food cake. This makes a great dish for graduations, parties and BBQ’s.
- 20 oz can Del Monte crushed pineapple, drained
- 14.5 oz can tart pitted cherries, drained*
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 (1/4oz) packet unflavored gelatin, dry
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 12-14 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ⅛ cup frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- This dish is so easy and can be made a day in advance. It also freezes nicely too!
- * Tart pitted cherries can be found in the canned fruit aisle. This is not the same as cherry pie filling.