Pig Pickin’ Cake ~This is one of those recipes where it is passed from generation to generation. Nobody will claim giving it its name, and nobody knows where it started from. I know one thing though. Weird as the name is, it is easy to make as well as fast. And my idea of pig pickin? I think it is the kids sneaking a finger full when no one is looking!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, juice reserved
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- Mix together cake mix, canned oranges with juice, eggs, and oil. Pour batter into three greased and floured 8 inch round pans. Layers will be thin.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool layers on wire racks.
- Mix together whipped topping, drained pineapple, and instant pudding mix. Fill and frost the cooled cake. Refrigerate until ready to eat.