You know the drill by now. You wake up, it’s 3 am and you are into a full blown episode of the night sweat blues. Bolting upright in bed you immediately become irritated by the snores of your partner sleeping soundly. Everyone proclaims the answer is in excercise. Healthy eating. Yoga. Meditation. But you know better. The only thing that will lessen the hot flashes, moodiness and all over aches hides quietly in an unassuming container marked KALE in the very back of the refrigerator. Mwahaha! No one else suspects what delicious peanut butter and chocolate sweetness secretly lies within. You are prepared. You are invincible. You are middle age WOMAN! This pie is yours. Ain’t gonna share. Ain’t gonna care. You have all the bases covered. Time to grab your fork and hand towel to prepare for the carnage ahead. No plate required. Just you and your very own Menopause Pie! Your only regret is no yummy seconds. Next time you plan to make TWO! (Because you will have a conscience attack later it is Gluten Free.)
I found the secret to beat menopause! #menopause #chocolate #peanutbutter #glutenfreeClick To Tweet
Serving size: 1
- 3 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal, finely crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 oz semisweet baking chocolate, chopped, plus more for chocolate shavings
- 1½ tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa, sifted
- 2 cups half-and-half
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 2 egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream, plus 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- ½ cup white vanilla baking chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- In a small bowl, stir together cereal and melted butter. Press in bottom and up side of ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. Heat oven to 350°F. Bake crust 15 minutes. Sprinkle with one-third of the chopped chocolate.
- Meanwhile, in large heatproof bowl, mix cocoa and remaining chopped chocolate; reserve. In 1-quart heavy saucepan, heat half-and-half over medium-high heat until almost boiling. In medium heatproof bowl, beat sugar, egg and egg yolks with whisk until pale yellow. Slowly beat in half of the hot half-and-half, then stir egg mixture back into remaining half-and-half in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium. Heat mixture just to boiling. Cook, beating with whisk, about 1 minute or until thickened. Pour through sieve into reserved cocoa mixture; beat with whisk until smooth. Pour into crust; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Wipe out saucepan. Add 6 tablespoons cream. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Place vanilla baking chips and peanut butter in medium heatproof bowl. Pour hot cream on top and let stand until chocolate is melted, about 2 minutes; beat with whisk until smooth. Spread evenly over chilled pie. Refrigerate until firm, about 1½ hours.
- To serve, top servings of pie with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Hide in an unassuming corner of the fridge in a container labeled KALE.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images and title are copyright protected.