We were treated to an early anniversary meal the other night and I was shocked and surprised by the meal, the amount of food, and the ambience of this little hole in the wall restaurant. This meal, fit for a king and queen, took almost two hours to
devoureat. We started with a glass of wine which I haven’t had in over 40 years. (I am definitely a beer girl). I learned that I love Pies Porter waterwine. Next was the WARM homemade bread and. breadsticks, an antipasti tray, Italian salad with homemade dressing, a bowl of this Minestrone Soup, and a dish of spaghetti with homemade noodles and marinara sauce! All this before the main entree. But that is another recipe all by itself so stay tuned!
Serving size: 1
- 3 cans (14.5-ounce) cans ready-to-use, sodium-free beef broth
- 1 can (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, undrained
- 1 can (20-ounce) can cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 can (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- In a large soup pot, combine all ingredients except macaroni. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then stir in macaroni.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images are copyright protected.