Do you get as excited as I do when grilling season comes around? With a working farm just down the street the first crop of the season is asparagus. This is the time when my prodigal son returns for the life of “eating at mom’s” every Sunday. This is my time to be able to cook the meals I love and set another plate or two at the table. The meals of sausage, salmon, hot dogs, chicken, burgers, fresh veggies, sautéed mushrooms and onions become common and the fresh summer sides overflow my counter. Sports is on the television and conversations take place in the kitchen and living area. And in case you are wondering, when I get a good big fire going in the grill I do go overboard and make enough variety for the week! Yum!
Serving size: 2 pieces
Fat: 2.5 g
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
- salt to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill on medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Toss asparagus and olive oil in a bowl until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and salt onto asparagus until evenly distributed.
- Place asparagus spears on grill crosswise. Cook until tips are almost blackened, 20 minutes; turning spears over after 10 minutes.