Gluten Free Ranch Dip ~If you’re going on a picnic or just relaxing around the house, have some washed and cut veggies ready to go along with a tasty homemade dip. Hidden Valley Ranch made famous ‘Ranch’ dip and dressing with their original buttermilk secret recipe over 50 years ago. I may not invented but its still pretty darn yummy.
- ¾ cup GF sour cream (or buttermilk/alternative for dressing)
- ¾ cup GF mayonnaise or Vegan Mayonnaise
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried dill
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk the mayo and the buttermilk together until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Season with pepper and additional salt to taste.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours to let the flavors blend.
-To use fresh herbs instead, mince the herbs finely, and use 3 times as much (e.g. 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, 1 ½ teaspoons fresh marjoram and thyme).
-To Make Buttermilk: put ¾ Tbsp vinegar into measuring cup and add whole milk (or milk alternative) to bring to ¾ cup - let stand 5 minutes.
-For dairy-free version, replace sour cream with silken tofu (blended until smooth in a blender)
-For salad dressing, replace sour cream with buttermilk (or milk alternative)
Adapted from Gluten Free Club