This is the second of four recipes I made for the Post Cereal Company. I started out with six chicken breast tenders.in a small bowl I added flour and salt and pepper. In another bowl, i put a beaten egg and water. In a third bowl I added a mix bread crumbs, cereal, cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Chicken Tenders Ingredients:
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- ¾ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup ground Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 - ¼ to 1 - ½ pounds chicken breast tenders
- Apricot Barbecue Sauce Ingredients:
- ¼ cup apricot jam
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. In another shallow dish, beat egg and water. In third shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, cereal, cheese and cayenne pepper. Lightly season both sides of each chicken tender with salt, coat chicken with flour mixture; dip into egg mixture, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center and coating is golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine apricot jam and barbecue sauce. Serve chicken tenders with dipping sauce.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images & content are copyright protected. Please feel free to use my images and recipe for your own use. To republish this recipe, all I ask is to link back to this post.