I was recently approached by the Post Cereal Team to make some recipe creations on their behalf. I was excited to do it!
The cereal used in this recipe was Fruity Pebbles.
- Doughnuts Ingredients:
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ¾ cup Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 2 cups cake flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 1½ cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons “cereal” milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Fruity Pebbles
- for the doughnuts:
- Combine milk and Fruity Pebbles in a cereal bowl. Allow to sit for 30 minutes. Strain out milk, measuring ¾ cup for the doughnuts and reserving the rest for the glaze. (Discard cereal.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add reserved cereal milk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Beat until just combined. Spoon doughnut batter in a gallon-size plastic zip top bag. Cut off a ½ inch piece from one corner. Pipe into each doughnut cup.
- Bake 7-9 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan 4-5 minutes before removing.
- for the glaze:
- In small bowl, stir together sugar, reserved cereal milk and vanilla extract until sugar is completely dissolved. Use immediately to glaze donuts. Sprinkle top with Fruity Pebbles cereal. Serve immediately.
This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The owner(s) of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this blog receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely the bloggers' own. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
This blog does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
©MARILYN'S TREATS. All images & content are copyright protected. Please feel free to use my images and recipe for your own use. To republish this recipe, all I ask is to link back to this post.