Double Crust Bluebarb Pie ~This was another pie auctioned for charity at the Soup-Supper Pie Auction. Opposites attract in this perfect combination of sweet blueberries and tart rhubarb. This pie was so good I wanted to win it, but we had already won a pie for my husband (strawberry rhubarb) and the LAST pie was the one I would have mortgaged my home for. I sat and waited until this pie sold. Wanna know for how much? I’ll tell you. It. Went. For. (Drumroll). $50!
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and cut (if needed) into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into ½ inch pieces
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon melted butter or butter spray
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- two prepared pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, combine berries and rhubarb. In a separate small bowl, mix together ¾ cup sugar, ¼ cup flour, and cinnamon. Sprinkle over fruit mixture and stir gently. Let sit for about 15 minutes. Gently stir again, making sure flour and sugar mixture isn't clumpy.
- Mix lemon juice into fruit filling, then spoon into pastry-lined pie pan. With the other crust, either make a lattice top (in photo) roll completely out and place over filling. Crimp edges and cut steam vents in top.
- Brush lightly with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for around 40–50 minutes, or until filling is bubbling thick and crust is golden brown.