Dark Chocolate Orange Truffles ~dark chocolate and orange are a great flavor combination. With the addition of finishing these truffles with any texture or candy source of your choosing you can make these candies different every time. Make two or three batches at a time and roll them in nuts, coconut, cocoa powder, m&m’s, candy corn, crushed mint, or sprinkles to present them to your guests in a colorful manner and taste option of their choosing. After all, “life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get!”
- 1 lb dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 tablespoon triple sec, more if you like
- 1 tablespoon real orange extract
- 1 cup unsweetened organic shredded coconut, you may need a little bit more.
- In a sauce pan heat the heavy cream until boiling point. Watch because it will boiled over very easily.
- Place dark chocolate chips in a glass bowl and pour heavy cream over. Immediately start mixing with a whisk until the Ganache is formed. Pour liquor and incorporate well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until firm. Roll balls, I used a small cookie scoop, and coat with favorite covering such as shredded coconut, cocoa powder or chopped nuts.