Combine your favorite waffle with a creme brûlée cream and top with a thin caramelized brown sugar glaze for a taste sensation meant for royalty. Easy to make, this recipe does require some resting time so a brunch offering is probably your best choice. This decadent treat is one you will never forget. It is well worth planning you week around! Your family will love you. This waffle should be saved for a special occasion. #creme #brulee #brunch
You have never tasted a waffle like this creme brûlée waffle. Brunch has never tasted so good! #creme #brulee #brunchClick To Tweet
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ vanilla bean, split ad scraped
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 waffles
- Pre heat oven to 300˚
- Place cream, milk, brown sugar and vanilla bean and scrapings in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer then turn the heat off and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain.
- While the vanilla bean steeps, whisk together the yolks, corn starch and the sugar.
- Using a wooden or hi-heat plastic spoon, temper the yolks with the warm cream then combine everything together and pour into a 2” deep in a 8x8 pan. Place in a larger pan with hot water and place in the oven.
- Cover with a sheet pan and cook let bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove and chill for at least 6 hours.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of the crème brulee mixture evenly over the waffle, then liberally sprinkle over the crème brulee mixture with sugar and then carefully caramelize with a kitchen butane (or standard propane) torch.