Don’t you just love a nice hot bowl of soup on a dreary and damp day? Soup is one of my favorite comfort foods. Cream soups, full of vegetables and spices are best especially when homemade. A soup that can be ready in under 30 minutes and enjoyed with crackers or a sandwich is what I call heaven in a bowl. Enjoy some today with your family. Homemade Creamy Mushroom Soup is a great lunch for the kids and a hungry hubby.
Serving size: 1
Fat: 12.2 g
- 16 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour (separated)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cut the mushrooms into slices.
- Melt butter in large frying pan. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft.
- Blend in 2 T. flour and stir.
- Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently.
- Stir cream with additional 1 T. flour and seasonings. Add in cream to soup. Heat to thicken while stirring frequently.