This is a great alternative to the classic Cranberry dish served at the Holiday meal. It is easy to make and uses fresh ingredients. Your guests will love this new and festive choice on your table. The dish is also very versatile as you can change up any type of fruit or berries you would like. It is a great choice to add to your menu!
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (16 oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Place cranberries in blender with sugar. Puree until smooth and transfer into a large bowl.
- Stir drained pineapple into the cranberries and fold in marshmallows.
- Pour whipping cream into the blender bowl,cover and mix until the cream has thickened. You may have to stop and shake the blender a few times to get it moving once it starts to thicken.
Add a tub of plain cool whip to the top of the dish. This adds color as well as making the taste a bit lighter.
Fold cream into the cranberry and pineapple mixture, cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Recipe Image Source: Skimpy Pantry