This is so easy to make but it will give that WOW factor to your dinner. I used potato chips for the topping, but most recipes call for corn flakes. The cheese is so yummy and I get asked to make this for all the family get togethers. I never have leftovers from this, so make sure you get the first helping and hide it in the kitchen!
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns (I use the diced kind)
- 1 stick butter
- 1 (10½ ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 16 oz cup sour cream
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 handfuls crushed potato chips
- Defrost potatoes, melt butter, and mix together all ingredients except potato chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle potato chips on top